1. my wonderful hubby bill. yes, i think we were wiping my kiss off, or was it my lip gloss? regardless, my purple hair rocked and so does my husband of ten years.
above two pictures by myriah grubbs photography
3. the ocean. pretty much any body of water will do something inside this heart of mine, but there is something extra special about the ocean.
4. this lovely instrument called a piano. my mom made me take lessons when i was a kid, through me liking it then not liking it, practicing then not practicing, wanting to quit then so thankful that i didn't!!! (thank you mommy!!) these beautiful ivories are my connecting place with the Lord more often than not.
5. the Word - and i love that i have a bible that is in english and spanish... and that it was a gift from my husband when i first met him.
6. baby lips. kissable. loveable. eatable. baby. lips. tell me you can't resist either.
7. homegrown tomatoes. my homegrown tomatoes. i love gardening and eating from the garden.
8. knitting. there is something soothing in the rhythm. i also always remember that when i read a tale of two cities my sophomore year of high school i decided i wanted to knit. it was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
9. singing. writing music. recording my music. someday i will record a cd of my music for you to enjoy.
10. tulips. my favorite flower. then comes roses and calla lilies as close seconds. but there is just something about a tulip that gets me every time.
11. fireworks! i love the crash. i love the lights. i love the glitter falling from the sky. i hoped simeon, who was due in july, would be born on the 4th so i could tell him that the fireworks were for his birthday every year. he waited and was both the 16th. oh well! but... he did start walking on the 4th of july. i told him the fireworks were in honor of him walking. we will go with it til he is too old to believe me. aw, beautiful fireworks!
12. creating. i have had so much fun finding a new creative side of me that i didn't know i had... i have always been a musician. i have been an actress. i have been a writer. i have been a painter. i have been a cook (an artist in the kitchen you may say since i can't follow a recipe but have to make it my own and create as i go). but to create with my hands and a bit of yarn? well, this is still fairly new to me and i am loving it.
13. did i mention that i love baby feet? aw, the love is welling up inside right now.
above picture by myriah grubbs photography
14. i love blogging. i love my readers - those who comment and those who just read that i may never know.
15. much much more! i love my family, my kiddos (all 5 of these boys!), my church community, my Savior, and all that God gives me every single day. i am incredibly blessed and celebrate another year of knowing the goodness of God. there is so much to be thankful for!
still counting gifts to 1000...
629 - 653:
629. fun new colorful yarn to make a gift for a friend.
630. tandem nursing going well.
631. hubby working hard to clean the tons of pollen from our roof, driveway, yard, and street - it looked like tumble weeds.
632. wednesday night date nights with or without a babysitter... kids in bed and blackberry cobbler in the oven.
633. the bad dream was only a dream and not real life.
634. the opportunity to use a very broken area of my life to encourage a friend who is struggling.
635. fresh squeezed orange juice.
636. time to celebrate my siblings birthdays.
637. learning psalm 5 as a family and getting to teach the boys the old chorus that is the 1st couple verses.
638. brightly colored flowers blooming on the front porch.
639. a freshly mowed lawn.
640. the hens started laying eggs again after mourning their lost sister.
641. reading the book of acts and having the stories come alive.
642. listening to my little ones go to sleep listening to the book of the revelation of Jesus on cd.
643. God's provision for us.
644. clean water to drink whenever i want.
645. cuddles with my simeon.
646. a kitchen to create in.
647. the pinched nerve in my shoulder is finally loose. feels so much better.
648. cute new baby clothes - feels like i am dressing up a baby doll.
649. a garden in a pot - a thoughtful gift from a gardening friend who knew i haven't had time to plant my garden this year.
650. more meals brought by friends and leftovers for lunches.
651. another year and more thankful than ever before.
652. bbq at the lake with family.
653. grace to memorize the Word.
i am linked up at a holy experience.
if you have a blog, let me know if you have a list of your grace gifts so i can visit! if you don't, write something you are thankful for in the comment section. i love hearing from you!
if you haven't liked this facebook page, you can to the upper right of this post. i would love to keep in better touch with you!