a list of thoughts on my mind (in no particular order)...
1. we have been enjoying amazing sunny weather here, in the mid to high 60's, and i have heard several people voice their concern that we will get no rain. then i look at the 10 day forecast and see 7 of the next 10 days predicting rain. no worries people. i have lived here my whole life, besides a few years for college, and we are not a place that rains all winter long, but it does rain. we will get plenty of rain and then be ready for the sun. i, for one, am enjoying the sun and the opportunity to get outside without being soaked while it is here.
2. this pregnancy is the 1st time i have to take the second test for glucose sensitivity. let me tell you, i am not thrilled about this. it isn't that i detest needles like so many people do. instead, i detest that drink and how icky it makes me feel and the thought of fasting while pregnant and nursing still just makes me not feel well thinking about it. hopefully all goes well and i am fine and tolerating sugars fine, but either way... i have to take that test again and that is no bueno.
3. i am by myself for a little bit sitting in "my" starbucks and getting to write a bit on my blog. that is amazing and wonderful. i love to be with my kids and love to be a stay at home mom. i also love getting an hour or two a week at starbucks where my thoughts actually aren't interrupted every 10 seconds and i am not staring at all the stuff around the house that needs to be done.
4. i am in a group that orders from azure standard (among ordering other real natural foods stuff) and we have a group message on facebook that is ongoing. as people are talking about splitting a bulk order of almond flour, i am reminded that i have been allergic to almonds for about a year and sometimes that makes me sad. i like almonds. not sure what happened. i have been advised to do a thorough cleanse someday when i am not breastfeeding or pregnant (or how about breastfeeding and pregnant???!)... oh, someday.
5. i love to juice at home. i am so unmotivated to do it sometimes though, especially when i want to include in my juice fresh pomegranate seeds. the problem is i hate to open up pomegranates. however, my wise husband taught me a new way that isn't as messy. i think i may be juicing pomegranate seeds more often now.
6. have you ever made homemade yogurt? oh my goodness... it is so yummy and really so easy. i study and researched it for weeks before i tried doing it about 9 mos ago for the first time. i made some again last night. katie has great detailed, easy to follow, instructions on how you can make your own yogurt at home. go check it out and make your own... you will thank me. one of my good food money saving tips for sure! we use it as a sub for milk in soups and sour cream on mexican food, besides the kids wanting it for a snack topped with only fresh fruit. get those probiotics and get it for cheap.
7. due to the recent good weather, we have been able to almost completely clean up the leaves from fall in the front of our house (important to note the "front" as the back has a tree even more giant... if we had cleaned up both it really would be a miracle that could be classified as a sign and a wonder). one year, actually the first year we owned our house, for reasons beyond our control we did not even attempt to rake or clean up 1 leaf until spring. i walked through the front yard, where there was supposed to be a lawn, and i had leaves up to my mid thigh... almost my waist. we have massive trees and a ton of leaves every year. amazing to think we are almost leafless in front at it is only january. amazing indeed.
8. purple sparkle nail polish is just fun. you should all try it (well, if you are a female that is).
9. life is not easy... even a christian life, or maybe i should say especially a christian life. bad things happen and Jesus Himself assured us of this fact. what we do in the middle of these bad things is the most important testimony of our life really being devoted to following Him. c.s. lewis said it best when he said,
i didn't go to religion to make me happy. i always knew a bottle of port would do that. if you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, i certainly don't recommend christianity.you can refer to my post yesterday on why is is definitely not comfortable to be a follower of Jesus.
10. i have a dear friend who is having a baby on thursday. a baby girl. she has 3 boys and finally is having a girl. i am so excited for her i could burst. someday i hope to be as lucky as she is. can't wait to go visit her and that little one. i just can't wait.
still counting gifts to 1000...
396 - 409:
396. a day off from school with the kids home (even though it has been a bit of a bickering morning).
397. the way a hug can change two grouchy arguing kids into two smiling giggling ones.
398. cup of hot tea on a cold day.
399. a fire in the fireplace.
400. a relaxing lunch and connecting time with new friends.
401. free coffee at starbucks with the mug my husband got as a gift for christmas. so fun!
402. beautiful sunny days (crisp, but not too cold) as well as rain in the forecast.
403. that God stays the same even when i have my ups and downs.
404. the money to get my minivan worked on... we have been praying for it and God has been so faithful to provide.
405. provision to go to kansas city in the summer - we will be traveling with 5 kids, we will see how crazy we are then.
406. the grace He gives to forgive when we ask for His help.
407. the abundant mercy He showed when He forgave us. makes forgiveness a bit easier when we realize we didn't deserve it either.
408. new way to open pomegranates.
409. my juicer that was an amazing gift from my husband 4 years ago... still on the counter and still being used.
i am linked up at a holy experience. i would love to hear from you in the comments below!