Monday, January 23, 2012
in whirlwind days like today, i am reminded to slow down! it doesn't mean i can necessarily stop the activity before me and all around me, but i do want to choose thankfulness instead of dread and stress about what lies ahead.
this river, the river i live by, always seems to remind me of peace and stillness.
be still and know i am God. psalm 46:10
some translations say cease striving. wow, is that ever talking to me when things get busy. have you found yourself striving lately with all that must be done like me?
somehow there is a way to be still while still being active... while still moving and going somewhere, but keeping the peace that is a fruit of a life anchored in trusting God.
so i am asking tonight,
Lord, You be my Good Shepherd.
make me lacking in nothing.
teach me to rest in green pastures.
lead me beside the still waters.
restore my weary soul.
guide me in Your paths of righteous for the sake of Your name.
and when i walk through a valley that has the threat of death
help me not be afraid.
Lord, be with me.
guide me with Your discipline.
comfort me with Your leadership.
prepare a feast for me in the presence of those who hate me.
anoint me with Your oil.
make my cup overflowing.
may Your goodness,
may Your lovingkindness,
follow me for all the days You have set before me
so i may dwell with You forever in the place where You dwell.
still counting gifts to 1000...
410 - 430:
410. Jesus' words, "so do not be afraid, you are worth more than many sparrows."
411. that with God, all things are possible.
412. warmth on a cold day.
413. unexpected provision... yet again, at exactly the right timing.
414. that the glucose test is now behind me... hoping for a good report.
415. reignited love for favorite old hymns.
416. the hope in the old hymns anchored in when we finally see Jesus face to face and not in the present time we live in.
417. a helpful husband when i have had so much to do and so little energy to do it.
418. a meal in the freezer to pull out for a no hassle dinner.
419. much needed rain that is falling.
420. teething tablets for the little guy who has been cutting 8 teeth nonstop for about a month now.
421. newman's peppermints.
422. sunshine break in the middle of rainy days.
423. grace to do what needs to be done.
424. a good report on my glucose tolerance test.
425. the upcoming blitz of birthdays in our family.
426. meal planning and the headache of "what's for dinner" that it eases.
427. the hope of His return and wrong things being made right.
429. my flax seed heatable wrap to ease back pain.
430. my cute uriah who is going to sing "somewhere out there" with his cousin in his school talent show... mouse ears and all.
i am linked up at a holy experience. i would love to hear from you in the comments below!