it is often the simple things in life that we enjoy most if we can pause long enough to really see.
the days in the park when it is blazing hot, but the shade of the trees and the warm breeze makes it tolerable to enjoy the blue sky and long afternoon.
a simple game of catch. teaching the young ones the skills of throwing and catching. watching their amazement when daddy throws the ball high in the air and it lands in his mitt. remembering your own amazement not too terribly long ago when your daddy showed off the same trick.
watching them eat their first foods fresh and full of summer sweetness and refreshment. laughing that the rind of the melon serves as a teething toy as well as entertainment for this little one who will be running around the green fields with his brothers and daddy all too soon. slow down baby boy, slow down.
holding back from kissing the freckled nose of the little boy who was the baby so very recently, but who will not allow you to call him baby. david, call me just david, he insists. knowing the melon dripping down his shirt will take some time to clean but enjoying watching him enjoy the small pleasures in summer somehow makes the laundry work to come tolerable.
gazing at the green eyes that are the only one of the 4 sets that match your own. as much as you love the others being blue like their daddy's, there is something about seeing a bit of yourself in your little ones that makes the heart swell and eyes stare. amazement at how God designed each feature drawing from both mommy and daddy to make a unique mix in every child.
wishing this little one would slow down just a little bit, yet thanking God for every moment that you are privileged to watch him grow up. careful to not take the moment for granted, knowing that it is a treasure that will soon fly by, fleeting as the wind, and leave you with only the warm memories of grace gifts He chose to bestow in kindness on your life.
reminding myself of all He has given. sometimes speaking to myself, reminding myself, is the greatest gift i can give myself.
life is so full of grace. each moment,
if we can see it - if i can see it,
is full of grace.
251 - 274:
251. that God holds us in the palm of His hand - our lives are literally sustained by Him.
252. the countless number of people praying for and giving to our dear friends and baby audrey.
253. every answered prayer, no matter how small or how large they may seem... every answer is such grace from Him.
254. my four wonderful, beautiful, amazing, strong little men - God has richly blessed me.
255. chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream. s'mores ice cream. okay, anything with chocolate in it. it isn't so much the ice cream as the chocolate.
256. bike rides in the park with my favorite 5 men in the whole world.
257. the chickens that keep trying to eat my garden.
258. roadside strawberry stands selling the sweetest berries for amazing prices.
259. a bag full of local berries in the freezer ready for smoothies.
260. tomatoes growing on the tomato plants... hope of what is to come.
261. the promise that He works all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
262. the Holy Spirit who will never leave us... He promised He would not leave us as orphans.
263. a bbq at the lake with our house of prayer community filled with fellowship, good food, and prayer.
264. a group of people who are devoted to prayer, a group of persistent widows, to walk through the hard times of life with knowing they actually will pray.
265. He will one day bring justice once and for all.
266. we get to taste of His justice to come now in measure and the longing it stirs within me for the day of His coming.
267. the honor of living the life i do and getting to do what i do. how am i counted worthy to waste my life on Him?
268. so so many new clothes, that fit!, after a shopping trip with my sisters and mom to forever 21 sponsored by my family's generous birthday money gifts.
269. relaxing lunch, great coffee, and pastries all from my mom on our girls' afternoon getaway.
270. warm summer nights.
271. the beautiful place i get to call home... so often when looking at the mountains, river, lakes, or just enjoying the warm summer nights i am known to say, now this is why i live in here.
273. amazing grass-fed local steaks from the cow we went in on with friends.
274. swimming in cool water on a hot day.
i am linked up at a holy experience.
i would love to hear the grace in your life that you have eyes to see... it opens our eyes to see the grace He has give us in our own lives.